Roasted Pecans from the kitchen of Tooran Shadman
1. Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Spray a large heavy roasting pan with cooking spray.
3. Mix black pepper, white pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, and dried thyme in a small bowl. Set aside.
4. Whisk egg whites in a large bowl until foamy.
5. Add Worcestershire, hot sauce, and liquid smoke flavoring and whisk to mix.
6. Drop in pecans and stir to coat well.
7. Pour coated pecans into a colander to drain off extra egg white mixture; return to bowl and add the pepper mixture. Stir well to coat each pecan with spices.
8. Spread pecans in prepared roasting pan.
9. Roast in preheated oven for 5 minutes and stir pecans; roast an additional 5 minutes and stir again.
10. Turn off heat and roast pecans an additional 5 to 10 minutes until pecans are lightly browned and fragrant. Let cool and serve at room temperature.