Welcome to my page. Here are a few highlights and if you would like to know more feel free to email me.
I am one of a select few who can say that I am a local girl. I was born at Georgetown and grew up in Bethesda, MD. I am the youngest of three with two older brothers who also live in the area.
I have been at WASH-FM since 1998 and absolutely love it!! I started out as the Late Night Host from midnight to 5a and after 3 1/2 years was promoted to Middays. The condensed version of my resume includes working at stations in DC, Charleston, SC and Wheeling, WV.
I matriculated from Wheeling Jesuit University with a BA in Professional Writing and a minor in French.
Email me a photo or video of your pet and it might get featured! Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listen for my Recipe of the Week Fridays around 1pm! Click here to view recipes and to submit your own recipe!
According to the National Fire Protection Association, Thanksgiving is also the biggest day for home cooking fires, so it’s important to stay on alert to keep your house and your family safe.
It makes sense that the two biggest causes for fires in the kitchen are unattended cooking and combustibles left near a hot stove. It also probably doesn’t help that you’re drinking a bit more wine while putting the meal together – and letting your guard down …
Here are a few simple tips for keeping your kitchen safe through the holidays …
1. Never leave the stove or oven unattended – grease fires can start in seconds.
2. If you must leave home for even a short time, turn off the stove or oven.
3. Keep anything flammable – pot holders, dish towels, food wrappings – at least three feet from the stove.
4. Roll up your sleeves and keep your apron or clothing wrapped close to your body.
5. Use back burners when possible and keep pot handles turned in.
6. If a fire occurs on the stove, smother it with a pan lid.
7. Oven fires are best contained by closing the oven door tightly. Never use water on a grease fire.