(source: Getty Images)
My husband and I are both native Washingtonians who grew up going on the best field trips in the DC area. We visited monuments, museums and various landmarks that tourists flock to see. We were very fortunate.
When Don and I plan our vacations, we don't really think much about going to places where there are landmarks. It's more about finding a destination with a great BEACH. I'd love to explore the U-S more...especially after reading about a recent survey from Hotwire.com.
According to Hotwire.com, most of us haven't been to some of the country's most famous landmarks. Here five that MOST Americans have never seen:
1. 78% of us have never been to the Space Needle in Seattle.
2. 73% of Americans have never visited Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming.
3. 70% have never seen the Gateway Arch in St. Louis.
4. 69% of us have never seen the Hollywood Sign.
5. And 57% have never been to the White House.
The only landmark on the list that more than HALF of Americans have visited was the Las Vegas Strip. Only 45% of us haven't been there.
From that list, I've been to the WHITE HOUSE and VEGAS. That's it! What about YOU? I'd love to hear about the places you HAVEN'T been to yet in the comment section below.
CLICK HERE for the rest of the results. - Chilli Amar