(source: Getty Images)
I love my GPS, but I still use backup directions...just in case my GPS is WRONG. Yes, it's happened. Sometimes my GPS sends me on a road that no longer exists...or it doesn't know about a NEW road. - Chilli Amar
According to a new survey, two out of three of us have gotten lost while driving... because our GPS gave us bad directions. Not smartphone apps...just the GPS in your car.
- 63% of us either got incorrect directions...or got a route that was unnecessarily complicated.
- The average person has been led astray by their GPS 4.4 times...and 7% of people have had it happen 10 or more times.
- 46% of us still keep maps in the car, just in case.
- Two out of five people rely on maps or printed directions instead of the GPS when we're going somewhere unfamiliar.
- Men are more likely than women to rely solely on GPS...and young people are more likely than older people.