We've all been there...coughing, sneezing, aches and chills, yet we STILL go into the office and work a full day while we're sick. According to a new survey, 30% of us go to work sick so we can save our sick days for when we're not REALLY ill. CareerBuilder has ALSO found the most ridiculous EXCUSES employers have heard this year!
Here are FIVE reasons people call in sick when they're perfectly fine:
1. They just don't feel like working that day.
2. 28% have called in because they just needed to relax.
3. To make it to a doctor's appointment without worrying about going back to the office.
4. 19% of people call in to catch up on sleep.
5. 14% have used a sick day to run errands.
Here are FIVE of the most ridiculous (yet TRUE) excuses employers have heard:
1. "My false teeth flew out the window while I was driving."
2. "My favorite football team lost on Sunday, I needed Monday to recover."
3. "I'm grouchy because I'm trying to quit smoking."
4. "Someone glued my doors and windows shut, and I can't get out of my house."
5. "I bit my tongue, I can't talk."
CLICK HERE FOR EXCUSES #6-10!
Are you an employer? What's the most ridiculous excuse you've ever heard? Tell us below!