As the cost of Halloween costumes seems to grow each year, some may be wondering if it really is worth spending $50 or more on a costume for just ONE night of the year. Yahoo has some great tips to help keep your costume costs LOW this Halloween:
- Set a budget: Set and KEEP a strict budget for how much you're willing to spend on your costume and accessories.
- Plan your costume: Consider different costume ideas, find different materials and accessories that could work, and make sure you stay within your budgeted amount.
- Borrow a costume: Since it's rare for someone to re-wear a Halloween costume from a previous year, swap with each other.
- Use what you already own: Use materials, supplies, and upcycle!
- Visit thrift, dollar, and discount stores: If buying something for your costume is a MUST, visit discount stores or head to the Goodwill or Salvation Army.
CHECK OUT THE FULL LIST HERE!