Since Halloween is tomorrow, we're sure you're gearing up and putting the final touches on your kid's (or your own) Halloween costumes! Want to know what is and isn't appropriate for the workplace on Halloween? Check out these 5 Dos and Don'ts of Halloween in the office.
Top 5 Dos:
- Dress up! If wearing a Halloween costume is okay in your workplace, enjoy it and get into character! If not, wear a Halloween themed shirt or sweatshirt!
- Remove your boss's mask. If you're the boss or a manager, your employees will appreciate it if you participate in the day's festive dress up theme. You may just earn some bonus points of appreciation for loosening the neck tie.
- Get cookin.' Dressing up may be fun, but one study shows that employees look forward to food more than anything. Bring in some candy or Halloween themed cookies.
- Ask early. If you're wanting to leave the office early to take the kiddos trick-or-treating, ask for permission in advance.
- Enjoy the day. If you're slammed with deadlines because it's the end of the month, take 5 minutes, step away from the desk, and share in some candy and conversation with co-workers.
CLICK HERE for the Top 5 Don'ts!
Source: US News